About Me

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK, Tokyo Japan

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Asakusa, Christmas and Beyond...

To start off, to everyone who follows my blog, sorry for lack of any posting in over a month. I have been extremely lazy (although to be fair, I didn't do that much in December until I went home!). So to end 2010, I have some photos, etc. from when I went to Asakusa. Asakusa is (I think) an old part of Tokyo, home of the famous Sensō-ji temple and Kaminarimon gate.

Only for foreigners. Not for Japanese.

Kaminarimon.

Me in front of Kaminarimon!

Sensō-ji.

I think this was a shrine. Unfortunately we didn't go to the foreigners-only tourist office, so I don't really know what this is!

Kaminarimon from the other side.


While we were in Asakusa, a matsuri (festival) parade took place:






Just before going home for Christmas (which was really great as I got to see all my family, girlfriend, and a few friends), I set up a Japanese bank account. Japan must be the only country where these are available as an ADULT's card and account book:
The options were Disney, or plain red, so I thought I may as well!

I got a New Year's card (similar to how we send Christmas cards in the UK) from my friend Ikuya today!
 
2011 is the year of the rabbit, hence the little rabbit-type numbers!

Lastly, here is a sign that made me laugh in the airport:


I think from now on I will try to update the blog a few times a week, even if I write only a few sentences of whatever. Thanks for reading, Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.