About Me

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK, Tokyo Japan

Thursday 2 September 2010

The Journey and First Days...

The Best Plane Food I've Ever Eaten

So, I got up at 8.30 am, London time, on the 31st August, and left London Heathrow at around 1.45. Had a 12 (ish) hour long flight, where I had the first of my Japanese food until Christmas and arrived at Narita Airport at about 9.30 am, Tokyo time. I spent about 3 hours in total getting from the airport to my dorms by bus, train, taxi and foot. When I arrived at my accommodation, I was met by the owner, who (bearing in mind I was totally knackered) gave me a tour of my new place, including how to use the photocopy machine (?!). My room's kinda small but I've made it my own with some posters and patriotic (!) England flag! I ended up with about 1 hour's sleep in 30+ hours. Today I overslept, went to a welcome ceremony for my uni in Tokyo, nearly passed out due to the heat and tiredness, and spent about 2 hours looking for a photobooth with some people and spent a further 2 hours in the city hall getting an alien registration certificate and health care insurance. Also I saw a transvestite dressed in the gothic lolita style in Tachikawa station. I'm sure the blog will get more interesting as I get settled in!



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.