About Me

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK, Tokyo Japan

Thursday 14 October 2010

I haven't really done that much recently, hence the lack of blogging! I have done a few things though. So, firstly, something I forgot to put in my previous blog:

Topman - In the UK, a reasonably-priced, high street fashion store. In Japan, however, Topman is a cool, foreign designer brand and, therefore, costing three times the price of in the British stores. And the tat they are trying to sell includes the likes of this monstrosity (the jacket, not Jo):


And here is the jacket with matching hat/crown:


I think the jacket costs around £100+.

Also, I went to my friend's art exhibition and saw some really well done, amazing art. Here are a few of my favourites:







(As always, click for larger images)


Recently, I haven't really done anything that I have taken pictures of; more just things that happened.
Something that genuinely freaked me out last week was when I was given spaghetti for dinner and struggled to eat it with a fork and without slurping it (as you are supposed to do with ramen noodles). I really found it difficult! I am becoming 'asianified', as a friend from Hong Kong put it!

Yesterday, while I was waiting for a shower to become available, a door opened, a Japanese guy popped his head out, then went back into the cubicle. I was annoyed as I had been waiting for ages for a shower to be free, and I thought he was messing around. My annoyance was replaced with amusement when, about a minute later, he ran out of the shower holding his boxers over his gentleman's area (rather than putting them on), grabbed his towel from about 2 metres away from me (rather than asking me to pass it to him) and then ran back into the cubicle, giving me a full view of his bum. I burst out laughing with another Japanese guy who was also waiting. It was a good morning.

Last weekend, I went to the 'King of Tattoo' tattoo convention in Daikanyama, Tokyo, which was a good day. I didn't get any artwork done, but saw some interesting people and some great stuff getting done, including an intricate, rabbit-themed sleeve by one of the guys from the famous Yellow Blaze Tattoo Studio.
 Here are some photos from the event:







And me with the guy who was covered in piercings - he had piercings all over his legs and arms and split tongue as well - and he could move each 'tongue' independently!


Also, I received a package from my parents the other day containing some deodorant (Japan doesn't do anti-perspirant!), a big bar of Cadbury's and a small bag of Coco Pops. I did take a photo, but it doesn't appear to be on my camera anymore. sad face. Thanks so much to Mum and Dad for that!

Anyway, I think that's it for now, but I am going to Mount Takao - just South West of Tachikawa - this weekend, and I have heard there are monkeys there, so I will be sure to update the blog soon! Thanks again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.