About Me

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK, Tokyo Japan

Saturday 13 November 2010

Fuji, Dogs and Hello Kitty...

Hi everyone, it's been a while but that's mainly because I haven't been up to much as I've had exams, etc. recently. I did see Mount Fuji from the roof of my dorm though:


The photo really doesn't do it justice! I was awestruck, it was amazing!

The other week, I met up with my friend Shu, who I met when he was studying in Newcastle last year. It was weird speaking 95% Japanese with him as last year we barely spoke a word of Japanese! Here I am with Shu and Cesca (from Newcastle Uni):


We met Shu at Kunitachi Station and then got a taxi to his flat as there was a typhoon, and he cooked us a tasty lunch. Then we just hung out at his apartment watching TV and chatting. We did purikura but I will have to wait until Christmas when I am in the UK to scan them into the PC and post them.


I was on the train the other day and I saw a blind woman with a guide dog. The dog was wearing a frilly pink dress, a bit like a nighty. Now, not to be nasty about the blind woman, but I genuinely wondered if the woman dressed it up like that on purpose or not. The dog must've been thinking 'Why did you let HER dress me?!' Here's the photo my friend Nick took:


Also I went to to a toy shop yesterday with loads of Hello Kitty stuff, including a Sesame Street collaboration, including these monstrosities:


It looks like Hello Kitty was eaten by Big Bird, Elmo and the Cookie Monster! And the one on the left is Elmo's face inside Hello Kitty, as though she ate him. All very weird, and as always, very Japanese.

Yesterday I bought some boots, as I only have canvas shoes here and they are not good in the rain. My boots are, unbelievably a large, which is a first for me!

Today I played a racing game on the PS3 in 3D at Bic Camera (a Japanese electronics store chain) and it was amazing! Until I drove into a wall. Also, I ate a snail today at a restaurant. Chewy.


So that sums up my recent activity. Hopefully there will be some more exciting stuff soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.