About Me

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK, Tokyo Japan

Monday 6 September 2010

Harajuku and the 100 Yen Store...

I started my day with a trip to the 100 Yen Store (a bit like Poundland in the UK) in Tachikawa and found these mask/hat sets:




I decided I didn't want to be a froggy or a doggy, so I went to Harajuku instead. Harajuku is supposed to be one of the 'hip' places in Tokyo, and I wasn't disappointed. I bought a shirt and my third pair of fake Ray-Ban sunglasses, as I keep leaving mine in places, such as in the car at Heathrow airport. I didn't take many pictures this time in Harajuku, but there were lots of shops selling ridiculously expensive clothes, especially weird and wonderful hats, as modelled by my friend Jo (yes that's a fur-fronted trucker cap):


Also, I saw some sort of procession in the street. I'm not sure what it was though.




Something I forgot to post about yesterday was this:

I feel safe.

Also, when you buy a mobile phone in the UK, what do you expect to come in the bag besides the phone itself? A charger, instruction manual? A USB cable perhaps? Oh no, silly me - a packet of Tomato Nabe cooking sauce!


That's it for today, I'm going to try and get some sleep now as it's nearly 2 a.m. here. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.